4th of July Scripps Ranch 10K Race
There is no additional surcharge for registering online.
|Register by 4/30:||$30|
|Register between 5/1 – 6/24:||$35|
|Register after 6/24:||$40|
Presented by the Scripps Ranch Old Pros, the 4th of July 10K Race is a USA T&F sanctioned course around scenic Miramar Lake. It features an exciting downhill finish that delivers you to Hoyt Park, where you’ll realize the fun is just beginning.
- USA T&F sanctioned 10K course around scenic Miramar Lake.
- The 10K will use reusable timing chips for unsurpassed accuracy.
- Medals to 1st, 2nd and 3rd place finishers in each 10K division.
- First place male and female finishers will be awarded the Ron McElliott Cup.
- Awards and prize drawings to be held at Hoyt Park at 9:00 a.m. (run participation not required).
- Commemorative T-shirt to all registered participants at finish.
- Post-race refreshments. Picture ID required for beer garden.
10K Race Information
Bib & Timing Chip Pick-up
You can pick-up your 10K Race Bib and Timing Chip one of three ways:
- Day of the Race: go to the Registration Area prior to the race. The Check-in tables open at 6:00am and are are located at the intersection of Aviary and Red Cedar Drive.
- Day before the Race: you can pick up your bib, t-shirt and timing chip at Hoyt Park on July 3rd between 3:00pm and 6:00pm.
- Mail: we’ll mail your bib and run packet directly to you for an additional $2.50 if you register by June 15. Bibs will be mailed the week of June 15.
Please wear your bib on the front of your shirt or shorts at all times during the race. Failure to do so may result in your removal from the course. Keep your bib with you after you run as it provides access to many post-race amenities and is needed to receive your commemorative t-shirt.
Parking & Shuttles
The primary parking lot is the Vons Shopping Center on the corner of Scripps Ranch Blvd. and Aviary Dr. Shuttle vans will transport participants from this lot to the start area between 6:00am-6:50am. Do to the ever increasing popularity of this event you are encouraged to arrive at the parking lot no later than 6:30am to ensure that you will be ready to start when the gun fires at 7:00am.
Overflow parking is available on Meanley Dr. and Hoyt Park Dr. We have permission to use the parking lots for the CoreLogic building located at 10277 Scripps Ranch Blvd conveniently located between Meanley and Hoyt Park Dr. and also further up Meanley or Hoyt Park Dr. in the PayChex parking lot located at 10150 Meanley Dr. We will have shuttles waiting at the intersection of Meanley and Hoyt Park Dr. to take you to the start line. This overflow parking is easily accessed after the race from the Hoyt Park finish line by walking down Canyon Lake Drive to the cul-de-sac and taking a short trail back to Hoyt Park Dr.
The Check-in tables open at 6:00am and are are located at the intersection of Aviary and Red Cedar Drive.
The 10K Race starts at 7:00am on July 4th, 2015.
The Start Line is in front of Miramar Ranch Elementary School on Red Cedar Drive.
Runners will make a full lap around Miramar Lake. We’ll call out your times at the 1 mile, 5K, and 5 mile marks. Aid stations are at the 2 and 4 mile marks.
The 10K Race finishes on the grass at Hoyt Park. We will help you remove your timing chip. Please follow the directions provided by the finish line personnel.
|1-14 years old||1-14 years old|
|15-19 years old||15-19 years old|
|20-24 years old||20-24 years old|
|25-29 years old||25-29 years old|
|30-34 years old||30-34 years old|
|35-39 years old||35-39 years old|
|40-44 years old||40-44 years old|
|45-49 years old||45-49 years old|
|50-54 years old||50-54 years old|
|55-59 years old||55-59 years old|
|60-64 years old||60-64 years old|
|65-69 years old||65-69 years old|
|70-74 years old||70-74 years old|
|75-79 years old||75-79 years old|
|80+ years old||80+ years old|
You can pick up your commemorative t-shirt after you run, or you can pick it up at the day before the race at Hoyt Park on July 3rd between 3:00pm and 6:00pm.. You must present your bib to receive a t-shirt, no exceptions. Additional Old Pros logo items can be purchased for a modest fee. Contact us if you are unable to pick up your t-shirt after the run. (Save your bib!)
Strollers and Pets
- Strollers are allowed on the race course. Please start towards the back of the starting line so you won’t impede the other runners.
- Pets are not allowed on the race course.
Want to Volunteer?
We’d love to have you! Let’s get in touch.